Monday, June 25, 2012

Imitation Lobster Meatball Noodle Soup

I decided to bust out the lobster balls I had in my fridge to make a yummy noodle soup. It wasn't my favorite dish I made this week and in the future I'll probably use beef balls instead because I felt like the lobster balls had a weird flavor as well as texture. Other than that, the noodles filled me up and left me satisfied. I had originally cooked extra to bring to work the next day, but I downed the noodles down and didn't have any left for a second meal. This meal was simple to prepare.

Directions:
Bring medium sized pot filled with water to a boil. Toss in the noodles and meatballs. Cook until noodles are al dente, then rinse them with cold water to prevent sticking and stop the noodles from getting softer. Cook meatballs until they float to the top of the pot.
Cut the meatballs into smaller pieces if you feel they are too big.
Sautee vegetables of choice in a small pan.
Heat up some beef or chicken broth as a soup base.
Combine the rinsed noodles, meatballs, vegetables, and soup in a bowl. Stir and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment