Monday, July 2, 2012

Spaghetti Alfredo with Herb-Cheese Bread

I realize that I make a lot of pasta and rice. What can I say, I love carbs. So I decided to try something out of the ordinary today and try my hand at some Spaghetti Alfredo. I know, its so simple, but for some reason, my spaghetti always comes out sub-par. I was actually very pleased with the way this dish turned out though. I'm quite proud of myself.

Ingredients:
Spaghetti (as much as you want to eat)
Meat, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used leftover salami)
Vegetables, cut into similar bite-sized pieces (I used broccoli)
Alfredo Sauce
Black Pepper (to taste)

Directions:

- Bring a pot half full with water to a rolling boil.
- Add the spaghetti and let it cook until al dente (roughly 7 minutes for me on medium high heat).
- While waiting, saute the meat and vegetables in a small pan until cooked through.
- Butter a piece of bread and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and  herbs (I usually have left-over Parmesan herb mix from refrigerated pastas). Pop in toaster over (or conventional oven) for a few minutes. (Should be complete around the time the noodles are warming up)
- Drain the noodles and quickly rinse with cool water to stop noodles from cooking further.
- Place drained noodles to the side and heat up the alfredo sauce in the pan.
- Once sauce begins to warm, pour in the spaghetti and stir.
- Once noodles and sauce are warmed through, put it on a plate. Top with the vegetable and meat mixture. Add the bread.
- Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment