Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wonton Noodle Soup

I will never turn down a good bowl of wonton soup. Good wonton can make any day better for me. So when I had the chance to meander to 99 Ranch and pick up some of the most amazing frozen wonton I've had to date, I couldn't resist making my own wonton noodle soup. Like most of my recipes, It's very straightforward and very intuitive.


Directions:
- Bring water to a boil. Add frozen wonton, stirring gently so they do not stick together in the pot. Gently boil until wonton float to the top are are 'plump'
- Scoop out wonton and toss in your dry noodles. Cook until just about al dente.
- Take noodles out of water, place to side, and toss your cooking water.
- Pour a liberal amount of chicken or beef broth into the pot. Once it begins to warm up, put noodles and wonton into the broth and wait for it all to come to a nice boil.
- Slowly pour the noodles, wonton, and broth into a bowl. Quickly cook vegetable of choice by boiling it in the broth. I used asparagus because since I only cook for myself, I need to eat my vegetables quickly before the spoil. Thus the excess of asparagus in my posts. I love asparagus, but not as much as witnessed in these posts.
- Stir gently and eat!

This meal left me stuffed and fully satisfied. Very happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment